- Why don’t you…dine al fresco? Facilitated by the East Bay Express’s annual Outdoor Dining Guide
- I’m tempted to do a poll on this: Miracle Fruit. I love Lottie + Doof, but I’m not sure I’m entirely sold…More on Miracle Fruit via Lottie + Doof
- Grab a Cheeseboard pizza for lunch. Today’s pizza has Cremini Mushrooms, Caramelized Onions, Baby Spinach, Mozzarella Cheese, Asiago Cheese, *PINENUTS*, Garlic Olive Oil, Italian Parsley, via Cheeseboard’s Twitter
- Go buy some peonies! And don’t come crying to me when you have to pay $25/stem (imported from New Zealand) when you’re looking for them in November…
Arrangement and photograph by the exceedingly talented Nicolette Camille
I’m thinking about:
- building student confidence to improve academic achievement; see NY Times and The Situationist
- how did I forget today was Earth Day? Jewels of New York in Fort Greene (details on their Twitter) My students are super excited about the film Earth. “It looks hecka tight!” Opening today, Earth Day.
- why aren’t there more floral design blogs? And where did I put all those Parisian florist business cards I collected last spring?
- (in this case still thinking about) how many of my students were stoned on 4/20, how I’m supposed to feel about that, and what I’m supposed to do…NY Times on legalization
- so much trouble in the world; breath in suffering breath out loving kindness
- my latest “ethical dilemma.” Would you like to read it?
- Grilled Halibut with Chimichurri—YES! recipe at Epicurious
photo by Romulo Yanes
Eddie Ross continues to be prolific and backs us up on our love of carnations, Eddie Ross
Quilty reminds us that we are sad we don’t live in NYC, although we’ll take the Oakland sunshine over the NYC slush I hear is there today, GoodJobbb
and Rimpletide does the important work of exploring our collective sexuality for us vis a vis wooden dolls, Rimpletide
while the Pipeline reports on what’s hot from the hottest (pretty fucking hot) currently cold climate, Stockholm, The Pipeline
Is Saddleshoos channeling Sontag? Rimpletide
Mark Bittman is out-food-journaling me and I like it. Bitten
The author of Pink Wallpaper is soothing my inauguration fatigue with an update on David Collins work and boy do I love those ikat panels in the bar! Why am I so ikat-obsessed? Is ikat over? Pink Wallpaper
Jenny Davidson is teaching 18th century English satire this semester, may I join in? Light Reading
Same address, new look: territimely.com. Check it out!
New on the site: Check for “Cecil” in the short films section. It’s a kick.