- Improvised salad: baby romaine, radishes, and avocado with Meyer lemon vinaigrette (Meyer lemon juice, salt, pepper, sugar, good olive oil*)
- Minted asparagus with red onion (the original recipe, for green beans here)
- Sashimi-grade tuna steaks (what other grade would we consider?) dusted ever so lightly with wasabi powder and soy, sprinkled with black sesame seeds and seared in a grill pan
- Tomatoes vinaigrette, minus the oregano, recipe here.
- Some crusty country sort of loaf courtesy of Tartine (really wonderful)
- Xarmant Txakolina, my favorite white wine. Produced in the Basque country. I buy mine at Paul Marcus. It would be a great public service if everyone was granted a case each May. Honestly, it’s so amazing. Transportive. More information here.
Eclectic and charming, as was the company. A good night in San Francisco. I might have to make a habit of it. But who wouldn’t love San Francisco when perched at the peak of Dolores Park in a courtyard-facing pied-à-terre?