- Michael Miller reviews Stephen Elliot’s new book at the Fanzine–I’m dying to read it. (The Fanzine)
- It’s August and all those tomato plants you’ve been watching all summer are finally bearing fruit. Preserve some for the winter with this pickling recipe from Home and Oats. (Home and Oats)
- I never get tired of ogling the baroque beauty of Bornay’s flowers, ribbons, and photographs. I’m especially enamored by the colors of the petals in the aisle in this post. (Flowers by Bornay)
- Do you kiss your iPhone goodnight too? Do you know six-year-olds with their own iTunes account? (NY Times)
- New England’s stuffiness is not something I generally lust over, but I wish I could be magically transported to this Cape Cod brunch. (A Hawk From A Handsaw)
Image by A Hawk From A Handsaw
I’m thinking about:
- building student confidence to improve academic achievement; see NY Times and The Situationist
- how did I forget today was Earth Day? Jewels of New York in Fort Greene (details on their Twitter) My students are super excited about the film Earth. “It looks hecka tight!” Opening today, Earth Day.
- why aren’t there more floral design blogs? And where did I put all those Parisian florist business cards I collected last spring?
- (in this case still thinking about) how many of my students were stoned on 4/20, how I’m supposed to feel about that, and what I’m supposed to do…NY Times on legalization
- so much trouble in the world; breath in suffering breath out loving kindness
- my latest “ethical dilemma.” Would you like to read it?
- Grilled Halibut with Chimichurri—YES! recipe at Epicurious
photo by Romulo Yanes